Monday, May 25, 2009

memorial day reading

Finally finished reading Dick Francis "Odds Against". For not being a big book (186 pages) it took me a lot longer to read than I had planned. At least I learned some things that I did not know having started reading the series in the middle. I look forward to reading the next book in the series of Sid Halley. He is a delightful character and very inspiring considering is tremendous loss.

I've been spending way too much time on the computer and accomplishing nothing else. I started reading Dean Koontz "Odd Hours" last night. Odd Thomas is another delightful character, a younger man with special abilities. This is the closest I get to reading books about the super natural. You almost wish you could see ghosts too. Well, not the kind Odd does, but I'd give anything to visit with my Mother.

No comments: