Friday, July 3, 2009

back to the library

Once I finished "Christmas Cookie Murder" by Leslie Meier, I needed to return the books I had to the library. Now I'm into the stack of books a friend sent me. This should keep me going for the summer. I've got to mention that the "Christmas Cookie Murder" turned out to be a little more suspenseful than I remember her previous books. Lucy Stone, the main character, had a really close call in this thriller.

It has been a long time since I have read anything by Sandra Brown. "Hello, darkness" has my interest peeked already. She seems to have already introduced all the players. From what was written on the inside flap of the cover, I'm already wondering "who the suspect" might be. Sheesh! And I've only just begun. No peeking! I have trouble looking at the end of the book when I can't stand the suspense any longer. That might ruin it for some people, but they still have to catch 'em. That's just as exciting as "who done it"! At least in my "book" anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys the 4th of July weekend. Stay safe.. ..

No comments: